Community

We bring together individuals with the KRAS-variant to share their stories, learn from one other, and offer support.

The truth about GWAS and the KRAS-variant

The truth about GWAS and the KRAS-variant

Posted by on 6:09 pm in KRAS-variant, Research | 0 comments

Although much of the world has accepted that GWAS studies, which use an outdated technology looking at large amounts of data, have failed to find any functional mutations, this approach has twice been used to try and refute the validity of the KRAS-variant.

read more
Using My Illness to Change the Future

Using My Illness to Change the Future

Posted by on 12:14 am in Guest posts, Stories | 5 comments

“It’s definitely cancer” is what I heard on the second day of my summer vacation in July 1995. I was 34 years old and had found a lump under my right breast. In my early 20s, I remember feeling good about checking the box to be an organ donor…

read more
Our Next Study: How does breast cancer treatment impact second breast cancer risk?

Our Next Study: How does breast cancer treatment impact second breast cancer risk?

Posted by on 12:03 am in Breast Cancer, KRAS-variant, Prevention, Research | 0 comments

We are embarking on a study to explore how breast cancer management strategies (e.g., chemotherapy, surgery, hormones) that are used to treat breast cancer, impact breast cancer risk for women with the KRAS-variant.

read more