We are always looking for enthusiastic partners to work with us.
Current job openings at MiraKind are listed below.
#1: Communications & Marketing Assistant
MiraKind is working to break down barriers between doctors, scientists, and patients to ask the questions that will lead to actionable strategies to reduce both cancer and disease risk.
We are looking for someone who can help us communicate internally and externally. Ideally you'll have research, proofreading, and writing skills, as well as a good grasp on using technology. Most importantly, you'll be someone who can manage multiple projects at once, work well with a team or solo to accomplish a wide variety of projects, from grant proposals to hosting webinars to Facebook posts.
- Assisting with grant writing and submission
- Creating survey monkey surveys
- Social media posts
- Blog posts
- Email newsletters
- Support emails for community and customers
- Proofing and editing all of the above and more
- Customer support help via email and sometimes phone
- Liaison between the community and the founder/team
- Create slideshow decks for webinars presentations, investor pitches, and more
- Write, set up and prepare reports for surveys
- Manage calendars, appointments, email, and project milestones for the team
- Work with the team to plan content and create a posting schedule in an editorial calendar
- Create, edit, publish and share content (original text, images, video) that build meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action/interact according to the editorial calendar.
- Research and share relevant 3rd party content, like links, videos, posts and other online content as needed.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Write and create a monthly email newsletter and blog posts
- Respond to people’s comments, questions, criticisms, and concerns in multiple online settings.
- Understanding this community’s need for respect and sensitivity in regards to personal woman’s health and cancer stories.
- Pro-active nature and ability to work independently
- Determination and fortitude to try to figure things out
- A decent writer and editor, with good attention to detail
- Ability to break complex ideas into simpler ones in writing and speaking
- Fairly tech-savvy and comfortable trying and using new software
- Examples of software used on an ongoing basis: Google Docs, Powerpoint, MailChimp, WordPress, Survey Monkey, Facebook, Slack and/or Asana, Google calendar, Canva (Note: you do not need experience with all of these if you’re a person who is comfortable figuring out how things work independently, like by Google searches and trial and error.)
- Comfortable on social media, including Facebook, Facebook groups and Twitter
- Very basic design skills, like using Canva templates for email newsletter and social media image shares
- Detail and customer-oriented with multitasking and organizational ability
- Non-profit experience
- A basic understanding of SEO
- A basic understanding of online marketing for non-profits
- Some experience or familiarity in women’s health/cancer
- Passionate about making healthcare more personalized
If you’re interested in this position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org