MiraKind was founded as a nonprofit research organization in 2013 by Joanne Weidhaas, MD, PhD., following her co-discovery of the KRAS-variant, an inherited genetic mutation associated with an increased risk of cancer. Every year scientists like Dr. Weidhaas discover hundreds of potentially important genetic markers that could benefit millions of patients. Unfortunately, very few of these discoveries make it beyond the research lab for validation. MiraKind is working to change this by breaking down barriers between doctors, scientists, and patients to ask the questions that will lead to actionable strategies to reduce cancer risk. Our research is patient-centered from start to finish, with the ultimate goal of empowering patients so that, together with their doctors, they can make the best decisions for their health and lifestyle. Our research is guided by one question: How can we enhance health and longevity by preventing cancer for all individuals?
Key to helping us achieve our goals is YOU:
- Ask questions to help shape our future research.
- Participate in a study to advance our understanding of the KRAS-variant.
- Tell your story so that others may benefit from your experience.
- Make a donation, spread the word and be part of a movement that believes knowledge is power.
- Join the MiraKind community today.